Re: 80 MGB

To: creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu
Subject: Re: 80 MGB
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:59:36 -0500
>     I recently rebuilt my engine...

' Forgot to add to my previous post:

My '73 GT leaked like this for 7,000 miles despite at least three head
gaskets, new studs and a resurface job.  Finally I "caught it in the act
one day" - while it was idling I saw the bead of antifreeze outlining a
diagonal crack through #3 spark-plug hole.  It leaked only to the outside.
No white exhaust, etc.  Moral: I guess anytime we take a head off for any
reason, we ought to have it magnafluxed, right?

Someday I'll tell you the horror story that ensued.

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder, Associate Professor of Trumpet
                                         =iii=<
Department of Music, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
E-mail: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu, Phone: 703-231-6713,  Fax 703-231-5034