RE: Used TR6 body panels

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Used TR6 body panels
From: "Dana P. Henry-TRF" <70471.1433@compuserve.com>
Date: 17 Jan 95 09:35:18 EST
Adam (and Dana Henry),

> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 17:35:16 +0530
> From: adoherty@mail.sas.upenn.edu (Adam S. Doherty)
> Subject: TR 6 body panels ?
>

>         Does anyone know where I can get good used or less than full price
> new body panels cheaper than TRF?  i.e. is there a salvage net work type
> thing that has them, or do I have to comb for an ad of some one parting
one
> out?  Preferably in the Delaware, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Maryland area.

> All this because I really can't afford it.  Thanks,
>
> AD

I don't have what you're looking for--but I was wondering if you got the
full story from the Roadster Factory.  Some 10% of their body panels are
damaged during shipping, and they sell them at a discount.  What they call
"damaged" ranges from actually destroyed panels to panels with very small
dings in them.  I actually looked at a panel with a tiny pin-prick on it
that was half-off.  Maybe you already knew this, or maybe this policy has
changed since I was there 2 years ago, but it seems worth looking into.  I
copied TRF on this note to you, so perhaps they'd be kind enough to respond
with more information (they might also care to copy the full SOL list if
this practice is still policy for them).

Kevin Riggs
rkriggs@ingr.com
Huntsville, AL.

Kevin:  your information is still correct. The best way to verify this with
a particular body metal part is to call the level two sales line at
800-234-1104 and tell the sales person what you're looking for.  If less
than perfect parts are available we can review the condition with you and
you can determine for yourself if the damage vs. price trade off is
acceptable to you.  Good luck!

                                               -CHEERS-
                                               ^^^^^^^^