Strange Rattle from my TR-4 Transmission

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange Rattle from my TR-4 Transmission
From: Mark Clark <markc@brahms.udel.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 09:41:51 -0500 (EST)
Yet another strange tale from the Tiggermobile files.  I finally solved
my starting problems by installing a new starter and positive lead from
the battery.  The engine now makes a rumm- rumm- rumm sound when I turn
the key instead of uhhh-uhhh-uhhh.

Anyway, when I went for a test drive, I found that the shift lever is now
making a buzzing rattling sound.  The noise is strongest as I accelerate
and shift through the gears, though it continues at a reduced level when
I cruise in fourth.  This noise was not there before changing the starter.

Any ideas?