12V Batteries in MGBs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 12V Batteries in MGBs
From: Curtis Andrew Phillips <PHILLIPS@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 18:40:51 -0800 (PST)
Greetings all,
I just replaced the two 6V batteries in my '74 MGB with a single 12V.  I
managed to find one that fit (barely) into the passanger-side battery-well, but
there isn't enough room one the sides of the battery to fit the tie-downs (the
tie-down top-plate is too short for the new battery anyway).  Will it be OK, or
should I bodge some other system to secure the battery?  How do people get both
a 12V battery and a "battery-box" into that well anyway?

regards,

Curtis "Last of the Chrome Bumpers" Phillips