This lube may change your life

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: This lube may change your life
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 12:27:56 -31702 (PDT)
On Fri, 28 Oct 1994, Will Zehring wrote:

> Some time last week, during the discussion of oiling leaf springs, someone
> posted a remark concerning a product (used for motorcycles?) that contained
> a heavier oil dissolved in a volatile solvent, all in an aerosol.  The idea
>
> Will "I remember Squeaky Fromm" Zehring

Yes Will, I am absolutely overjoyed with the stuff.  After the recent
postings, I went to my local motorcycle shop and bought some.  It's
called PJ-1.  I got the type recommended for O-rings, since I thought
that might be better.  Well when I got it home, I tried it out and before
you know it, I was lubin' up everything!  I have a double-action 9mm
pistol, and it made the trigger soooo smooth.  I tried it on my Winchester
45-70 Lever action, and now I'm straight out a Western movie.
        Ooops, wrong list.  Well anyway, it works as you suspect.  A
dissolving solvent carrier makes it spray like WD-40, but after a few
short minutes, it's very viscous and sticky and acts like a really thick
grease.  I know that before, I slammed on the 'oiling the leaf springs
periodically as part of a tuneup' thread, but I'm out the door right now
to oil the leaf springs on all of the cars in the neighborhood.  Just to
be a nice guy.
        I'm getting really carried away with this stuff.  I plan to use
it on squeaky door hinges, and whatever other lubricating needs I can
think of.  I think my wife is getting worried right about now.

        Have a squeak-free weekend,

        Dianne (get that &%!@!# stuff away from me Greg!!) Meboe

                Greg.