GT-6 Overdrives that are goofed up.

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: GT-6 Overdrives that are goofed up.
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 13:32:00 -31702 (PDT)
Chris,
        I'm interested in what you do to resolve the OD pressure going
low as the trans warms up.  On my Spit-6, the same problem got terminal, so
when the car was warm and even in 4th gear on the highway, when I'd mash
on the pedal I'd go out of OD.
        Of course, this happened in L.A. on my way back to Pullman, (a
few day's drive).  So I did the only sensible thing.  I dumped a quart of
STP in the gearbox, and it's worked fine ever since.  Maybe it's a little
hard to shift in the morning. :-)
        I suppose it'll stay that way till I get a little time to replace
the Piston O-rings.  Perhaps Thanksgiving Break.

                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu