Re: PUNCH/FLANGE AIR TOOL

To: john.bartholomew@amail.amdahl.com
Subject: Re: PUNCH/FLANGE AIR TOOL
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 09:40:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 25 Oct 1994 john.bartholomew@amail.amdahl.com wrote:

> <Punch flange tool.>
>
> I just saw the reference to the above tool and could not resist the
> chance of throwing in my 50 cents worth. (Well perhaps 10 cents).
> There are several places to purchase these tools and from my own
> experiance I try to stay away from J.C. WHitney since about 10 yrs
> they took my money for an item I ordered and they promptly went into
> receivership! I ended up with 10 cents on the dollar for my $110.00.
> An alternative source would be NORTHERN HYDRAULICS in EGAN MN.
> alternativly you could try HARBOR FRIEGHT TOOLS in CA. I have seen
> the tool listed in their catalog too.

The tool isn't in the Summer/Fall 94 Harbor Freight Tools Catalog, or I'd
have given that source before JCW.  I agree JCW has occasionally been on
the verge of collapse.  However, the problems I've heard of were from
before the days of credit cards, back when you sent them a check and they
waited for it to clear before sending the order.  Perhaps one can have a
measure of protection if one orders by phone and charges to a credit card.
I believe one can refuse to pay the charge if the order does not come.
Any lawyers here?

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910