GT6 is hot

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 is hot
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 08:35:53 -0500
Tonight I will try a couple of things to see if I can cool her down.

(1) I will
set the timing back to 5BTDC (by the way, what dynamic timing setting have
other GT6 owners fornd to be best.....usually the factory specs can be improved
upon).

(2) Put in 'regular heat' spark plugs. When I first got the car, cylinders
4 and 6 were oiling the plugs, so I used hotter plugs. The oiling went away
after about 50 miles (must have been from the car sitting so long), but
I never switched back to regular plugs.

(3) Do a clean out of the cooling sys. wioth some of that 'Prestone flush stuff'
then jack the front end up a bit to get rid of air bubbles when I refill.

Anybody else got any cheap suggestions? If none of this does anything, I will
get the radiator cleaned and tested.

Marcus