Re: Stan Ficks' ??? re Synthetic Oil

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Stan Ficks' ??? re Synthetic Oil
From: The Law Book Store <thelaw@aloha.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 1994 09:18:37 -1000 (HST)
I just read your response... Hmmm.

I havn't experienced any of these problems. As I mentioned I think the
benefits, including, that silicone doesn't  eat through the paint and
cause rust, are worth any sacrifice. But I guess it's personal taste.

Here's another thought. if the rear brakes aren't adjusted regularly they
may be causing that "Mushy" feeling. To check just pull the hand brake.
If it pulls more than 3 to 4 inches it could be adjusted tighter (there
are square adjusting bolts on the rear.

However, after sleeping on it I remembered a problem I had with my
clutch. It seems the clutch had a cracked pressure plate spring. At first
it kinda "stepped" and as the crack grew the amount of pressure to
disengage it increased. I first thought it was the hydrolics. but after
changing them the problem persisted. I pulled the clutch
pressure plate to discover the problem. Could this be the problem you are
experiencing?

Aloha.

    Paul Swengler                        Providing Hawaii's Legal Community
    The Law Book Store              with quality legal materials since 1990
    Voice: 808-422-6322         New & Used Books, Anatomical Models, CD-Rom