Jag XKE restoration

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag XKE restoration
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 1994 09:40:53 -0700
Now that I've sold most of my bikes, I've started looking around for a winter
project.  I came across one in the local paper last night:

'65 XKE Roadster. rebuilt 4.2L, Body dipped, good condition.  $12.9k obo

So I called and got the scoop.  The car is currently completed disassembled.
The tub is at a body shop; it's been dipped, and primered to prevent rust, but
a lot of repair work is need (all the replacement sheetmetal has already been
purchased.  The engine was supposedly rebuilt by some former owner, but has
not been turned over in about 8 years, and never by the current owner, so it's
condition may be suspect.  The car comes with a synchromesh tranny, and the
owner is willing to throw in another complete spare tranny as well; again
condition for both are unknown.  The interior and top are both trashed and
need to be replaced.  The remaining misc bits are all at a third location, but
are supposedly boxed up and labelled.  According to the owner, all the
parts are there, though heck if I can spot that or not....  The car has been
in this dormant state for at least several years.

Is this something I should walk (run) away from?

Thanks,
Mike

        #### 888888b                      Ducati 916, Suz GSXR1100RR
 \_______________`888_______/ 88888b.  8888 8888  .d88b,   d888b  88888888 8888
   \_____________,888_____/    88 'Y8b  88   88  d8P'`88  d8' `8b 8' 88 `8  88
     `----------.d88P---'      88   88  88   88  8K       8888888    88     88
        #### 888888P           88 .d8'  88b.d88  Y8b,.d8  88   88    88     88
        #### 8888P'           88888P'   `Y888P'   `Y88P' 8888 8888  8888   8888