Miatas with Tops Down (Up?)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Miatas with Tops Down (Up?)
From: Wildbil923@aol.com
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 94 22:19:23 EDT
Dirk de Boer (and occasional others) have thrown occasional "flames" at Miata
owners.  I own a 1960 MGA, a Frogeye Sprite and a Morgan +4.  I love British
cars and have since I was a mere lad of 8 or so years (some 40 years ago).
 And, yes I also own a Miata.  When I first saw one in the pages of Autoweek,
I said to myslef "They have finally made a car for me.  It's the equvalent of
a current day Austin Healey!"  And it's true.  The Miata is what the MG or
Austin Healey would be today if they had not succumbed to poor management,
labor unions and horrid federal regulations.  The tops on my LBCs  are ALWAYS
down...partly because the wind in the face is, indeed, wonderful and partly
because the bloody things are a pain in the A** to put up and down.  The
Miata top goes up and down from the drivers seat with one hand.  It's
wonderful.  In the Miata I CHOOSE to drive topless (in fact most of the
time).  But sometimes its also nice to have the top up.  For that, a quick
stop by the side of the road, a couple of clicks of windshield latches a zip
of the rear window zipper, and it's up.  We'd be doing the same on our MGBs
today, if they were only still in production.  I love my LBC's AND my Miata,
top up or down!!!