Re: Wheat-a bix, Vegemite and Marshmellows

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheat-a bix, Vegemite and Marshmellows
From: "THE X WINDOW SYSTEM: A VMS FOR THE 90S" <brandenberg@wrksys.enet.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 94 13:05:45 EDT
>Actually, one American friend (a LBC man he was) said "Well, it looks like axle
>grease, (sniffs) smeels like axle grease, (gingerly takes a small taste sample)
>spit, spat, yuk - IT EVEN TASTES LIEK AXLE GREASE!.

Axle grease tastes better.  Out of curiousity from several remarks by
various Aussies I thought I'd try it.  One of the local grocers (Boston
area) has it on the shelves.  Bleh.  Imagine equal parts yeast extract
and salt mixed together.  Burn on stove top to give it a nice carmel
color.  Then leave out to become rancid to enhance the flavor.  That's
vegemite.  If any local readers are unconvinced, try Barsamian's over
in Cambridge.  Plenty left!  :-)

monty