Re: British Cars Digest #1077 Th

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1077 Th
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 94 01:33:49 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Re: British Cars Digest #1077 Th) File(JAN29944.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 01-29-1994 .. 01:25:01

After some bad mushrooms >TeriAnn said>>>>

>I had a spin on filter on my TR3 for about 2 years before I took her
>off the road to rebuild the engine and clean her up a bit (You should
>ask about shipfitters disease).  Oil changes were much easier.  I've
>had my Land Rover since '78 and another before then. They too have
>canister filters.  Try as I might, I still do not get the canister
>sealed on the first try about half the time.  In all those years I
>still have not got the knack.  I figure the spin ons are for the
>canister impaired like me.  The only negatives I've run across are:

I have had a spin on on my TR3 for about 5 years (or was it two oil
changes?). I never could get the darned canister to work without leaking.
The spin on adapter was real easy to install and is a great asset.

..... More stuff deleted ....

>Ship fitters disease = meaning someone who believes that as long as
>they are working on something, they might as well also work on some
>advacent assembly that needs atterntion at the same time instead of
>coming back to it later.

 THANKS DR. WAKEMAN!!!! I have never been diagnosed before but
I have suffered from this for YEARS!

 ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                  !
 ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University               !
 ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department of Communications    !
 ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.           !
 ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                         !
 ! FAX:         (504) 865-3666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118           !