Re: Chattering noise in TR4

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chattering noise in TR4
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 93 10:13:05 EST
Adrian writes:
> heater in my TR4 is getting overwhelmed causing it to pump out cold air.

Have you missed what I did on the first cold session with my TR6?  It
is not intuitively obvious that opening the scuttle vent (the air
vent at the base of the windshield) is needed for good heat.  On the
TR6, airflow through the heater core is almost non-existant when this
vent is closed.  Opening it makes a world of difference!

Now if I could get rid of the cold air coming in around the driver's
door, which steadily chills my left hip...

Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com