Re: homebrew waxoyl

To: timd@ptltd.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: homebrew waxoyl
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 12:34:17 -0800
In message <9311241849.AA17944@ptltd.com> Tim Dziechowski writes:
> Saw this on rec.autos.tech.  Since I have a ton of parafin wax sitting in
> a corner of my garage (it's a long story), I may just try it out.  Seems
> like you could put this brew together for < $20./gal, which is definitely
> worth it if you're doing support vehicles as well.
>
> timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)
> "...if I get rid of the wax, then I'll have room for the engine hoist..."

recipe for wax coating eliminated

Tim, Just one minor ingrediant missing.  Waxol claims to have rust inhibiters
that stay active indefinatly untill such time as they chemically react to rust.
This recipe is for a moisture barrier.

I found  two thirds of a two and a half liter can of Waxol to be enough to do my
TR3 plus dripings.  I was thinking of finishing the can off in the MGBGT which
is still rust free.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561