Re: Homebrew waxoyl

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Homebrew waxoyl
From: waddy@vsfl.demon.co.uk (Simon Waddington)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 93 17:58:21 GMT
I found the homebrew Waxoyl info very interesting especially since its
so pricey. I'd heard other alternatives such as spraying on all that
old engine oil you have left lying around however theres nothing quite
as satisfying as seeing all that nice waxy stuff clinging to every
corrodable surface.

Having just done my Spit I used a 2.5l can for the sills and floor pan
plus another 4l approx for the doors, chassis, arches etc. etc. I'd
still like to slap on some extra layers though, maybe I'm a getting
a bit paranoid. Then again since winter is here along with all that
nasty salt perhaps I should mix up some of the home brew stuff.

One question - I guess that mineral spirits is whats known as white
spirits in Britain... but what is mineral oil?

Simon Waddington