TR6 - windshield wiper help

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - windshield wiper help
From: stefanb@robadome.com (Stefan Bokaie)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 11:57:27 PST
Hi,

Finally, After 3 years I have my 6 back on the road.  How beautiful it
is :-).  I do have a problem with my wiper mechanism however.  It does
not work !!

I took apart the motor assembly and it does not look too clean inside.
I tried applying current directly to the park plug but could not get
the motor to spin.  Does anyone know if there is any spray that I can
use to clean the inside (there is some rust residue) and clean the
plugs.  I do not think that it is broken since I actually got it
to spin once a little bit.  So, I think my problem is lack of electrical
current.  Also should I go ahead and replace the brush assembly?  Do they
easily go bad?

Oh something else.  Does anyone in the Bay area has a roll bar for 6
that they would want to part with.  My budget is tight so I am looking
for a cheap one.  Actually, I have one that does not quite fit.  I am
not sure what lbc it is for.  The width is correct, but the angle of
the back mounting bracket is steeper than what it should be.  I'll trade
it for a correct one or if I don't find a trader, I'm willing to part
with it for free.  Thanx.

-Stefan