nothing much . . .

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: nothing much . . .
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 92 12:46:13 -0500
        Ah the holidays....  Time to get some serious work done on your Brit car
without the continuous interruption of work.  I have been digging into my
Healey.  I'm planning on getting the body dipped sometime in January.  At
present,
I'm about to remove the running hardware.  Since I still want to be able to
move the car around, I built a steel trolley last night ( attack of the birdsh*t
welds! ).  It is basically a square frame with wheels and four uprights which
the
main frame rails sit on.  It was one of those 'design as you build' projects.
For
example, I had wanted 2.5" X 2.5" - 1/16 wall square tubing but all they had in
stock
was 2" X 3" - 1/8" wall.  Needless to say, I now have a very stout trolley.  I
figure I can use it as structural support for my house when I'm done w/ the
car... or
Perhaps it is the beginning of a gantry (sp?) crane in my future dream workshop.

        I'm just entering the depression stage of the rebuild.  The point where
you
actually see first hand what you knew was there all along.  And you ask
yourself, "
I wonder if I can still sell it for what I paid!!" as you think about bailing
out of
of the project.  I need some repairable fenders (3000 mk III) front driver
side and rear passenger side.  Also a front shroud and some seat frames.  I
have a
spare rear end, convertible frame (including wood), rear shroud , and other
misc.
rear end parts (springs, panhard rods, etc.)

        I'm thankful that I have had the luxury of spending time on my hobby
over the past year.  Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays).

woodruff@caen.engine.umich.edu