A small experience

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: A small experience
From: paul gilders rs <paulg@mansun.lut.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 92 17:25:24 GMT
Hi folks,

        Just thought you might be interested to know that I returned
home to the UK yesterday for Christmas, and within 2 hours of arriving
at my parents house I manage to turn over the engine of my midget 3
times and it fired up ok! This is after a year being off the road and
only driven once by my Dad in the summer. Well, after an initial
spluttering, all the cavities were flushed out and it ran really well.
I didn't really expect this and for this reason I wasn't originally going
to put it on the road (I'm only here for 3.5 weeks), but now that it
seems fine I am very keen to use for a few weeks - I'm sure it will pass
MOT (inspection) ok. My only remaining problem is finding insurance -
not easy for such a short period, but I'm very determined!

        The other thing I noticed was the size of the car - wow, what a
difference after the MGB - but it really is snugg and if bobbs and
jumps over the road really well - IT'S GREAT!!!! What more could I
possibly want for Christmas? - even the weather is reasonable!

        Paul.