Re: De-ruster question and small parts paint removal

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: De-ruster question and small parts paint removal
From: Tom Monson <monson@hpsad.sad.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 92 08:54:52 pst
I'm about to replace the clutch in my '70 Spitfire MKIII.  A few years back
when I rebuilt the engine, I replaced cover, disk, release and pilot bearings.
The cover has now failed (cracked diaphragm spring).  I think it was from
Victoria British, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a more robust
replacement.  This is probably a freak, as I personally have not seen this
failure mode in a dozen or so clutch jobs.  Thanks,
                                                     Tom Monson
                                                      monson@hpsad.hp.sad
                                                      70 Spitwad MK III
                                                     75 Norton MK III