I can't believe I'm doing this...

To: britcar@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: I can't believe I'm doing this...
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 92 09:18:03 -0600
Well, my daily car (a 1979 VW Rabbit with 240,000 miles) is getting to the
point that I have to replace it. And, as chance would have it, there is a
really nice GT6+ available, so I bought. Just one small problem...

It's in Portland, Oregon, and I'm in St. Louis, MO.

Well, Friday I'm flying to Portland and I'm going to drive the GT6+ home.
Currently, my plans are to drive I-84 from Portland to Ogden, Utah, then
I-80 to Cheyenne, Wyoming, then I-25 to Denver, then I-70 home.

My questions:

Would any SOLers on this route please let me know what the weather/driving
conditions are like?

Would any SOLers who could be a "port in a storm" please let me know?

I intend to drive pretty much straight through, with a 4 to 6 hour stop
in Denver early Sunday morning for some sleep. I would like to be home
by late Sunday or early Monday.

The weather looks kind of nasty on the newscasts and on the weather maps,
but I'd like to get an idea of how the interstates are doing.

Thanks much!

Larry