RE: Pronouncing JAGUAR

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: RE: Pronouncing JAGUAR
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1992 09:40:13 -0500
scott@psy.uwa.edu.au (Scott Fisher #2) writes:
> However I am sure we (Aussies, Poms and Yanks) pronounce JAG the same way,
> and that's the most common thing Jaguars get called.  So to keep everyone
> happy how about we all just say JAG :-)

I say Jag all the time too.  Oh yes, meant to say I smiled at one response
(sorry, forget who now) when he said he doesn't keep his "Jaguar in a garage",
but keeps his "Jag in the living room"!  I think my dentist could identify
with that!  His E-Type is in pieces all over his garage, kitchen, living
room, bedroom and office!

According to my little dictionary I brought over from England (when I moved
over) the American word "jag" also means "drunken frolic".  Hmmmm.  :-)

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert