RE:Tire Sizes again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, lye@elegans.wustl.edu
Subject: RE:Tire Sizes again
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 92 09:25:00 -0700
With this woderful lead in of John mentioning skinny tyres on his TR3....

One of these centurys, I'll get the TR3A back together again.  I'm also
assuming that by then the chrome 60 spoke wheels I ordered from TRF last month
will come in  (no hurry).  I will be looking for new tyres to go on the new
5" wide wheels that go on my newly rebuilt TR3 & am up for suggestions.
What is a good tyre that fits a 15", 5" wide rim???
I have over the years tended to use Michlin XVS tyres.  They last a long time,
stick better than almost all the tyres i have used in the past on both wet & dry

But I would like to find something that sticks a wee bit better.  I assume since
VW bugs took the same wheel size that formula Vs do as well.

Any suggestions????????????

TeriAnn