RE:Tire Sizes again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Tire Sizes again
From: lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 92 08:34:38 CDT
rbt sez:
->I can also imagine that wide tires could also make the "quick/nimble/light"
->steering on the Europa get heavy at slower speeds, even though it's such a
->light car

Maybe, maybe not.  I thought that putting the 23 X 8.5 X 15 slicks on
my TR-4 would make for very heavy steering, especially with the 12"
(as opposed to the stock 15.5") steering wheel.  I think that mjb and
cak can confirm that that's not the case at all.  In fact the steering
is lighter than on my TR-3 with skinny tires.

John