re: TR-3 Radiator removal.

To: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com
Subject: re: TR-3 Radiator removal.
From: bownes@pluto.crd.ge.com (Robert M. Bownes)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 92 14:01:04 EDT
->
->If the radiator is properly fitted (no one changed the original
->mounting process) then the two lower bolts hold the bottom
->of the radiator in place as mentioned.  Those two bolts go into
->nuts that are welded in place.  Once the front apron is off, they should
->be accessible from above.  I usually stick several 3/8 extensions
->together and end up with the ratchet being above the radiator.  Since
->the nuts are (or should be) welded in place, there's no need for any
->wenching (oops) wrenching from below.
->
->

Well, unless *both* of the radiators we have are wrong, Here's the way it is
put together:

        Side view                       Front View              ### - Welded Nut
        |  |                            ||||||||||              I       Bolt
shaft
        |  |                            ||||||||||              W       Bolt
Head
        -##-|                          /||||||||||              | Radiator or
other
        -II-|                         /#||||||||||
obstruction
                                     | W |
    ------H------                   |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

        The problem is that the bolts, unlike those on the TR-6, go into welded
on nuts in the radiator, not the frame. And they have to go in from underneath.
But the path from underneath is blocked by the front frame crossmember...

Solution: Drill a hole big enough to get an extension through @ point marked
'H'.