Re: Clanking Car

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Clanking Car
From: pei!hawking.pei.com!berry@sgi.sgi.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 92 16:14:49 -0800
>(John Lupien) said:
> Replaced it and no more clunk.  Of course, once I waited too long on an old
> Road Runner I had and the driveshaft fell out 3 in the morning on the way to
>an
> after hours joint with a lady in the car no less.  Needless to say, I never
> heard from her after that....

John> Well, that certainly beats the old "Oh dear, I'm afraid we seem to
John> have run out of gas" line... I would think that "lady" is not the
John> appropriate term for a person who regards such an event as grounds
John> for excommunication - or any thing else short of an "exciting adventure".

I once had the gearlever of my Rover Three-Litre come off when I was
driving a lady to dinner; and a rear wheel bearing of my Bentley spun
with another.  Then I met a nice lady that *liked* English cars and
we've been married for over 12 years...

  --berry (I love a happy ending)