CLANK VII- We did it cheape

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: CLANK VII- We did it cheape
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 12 Mar 92 10:03:40
   CLANK VII: We did it cheaper!
   This morning I was looking at a $550 tab to replace my pistons and
liners.... A phone call to my machine shop took some of the pressure off:  they
DO bore liners!  With a torque plate and everything!  For $100! Moss Motors has
come through with a set of .030" pistons for $225, which, with shipping, tax,
and bribes, brings the (ding!) to $350 or so, about $200 less than $550, last
time I checked.  ( That's why they pay me the big engineering bucks, cuz I can
figger things like that :-) )

    It used to be, that nobody bothered to bore these TR wet-sleeve engines,
since the piston-liner sets were so cheaply available.  One guy I knew with a
'3A had a set of 87mm pistons and liners he'd bought at J.C. Whitney for $100.
Well, no need to scrutinize the JCW catalogue;  those days are long gone.

     - Jerry