Re: CLANK VII- We did it cheape

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com (Jerry Kaidor)
Subject: Re: CLANK VII- We did it cheape
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 92 13:37:55 PST
from Jerry........
|     It used to be, that nobody bothered to bore these TR wet-sleeve engines,
| since the piston-liner sets were so cheaply available.

In 1962 I put a tr engine in an English Ford. I built it up to 2.4 liter.
It was geared low. The top speed was only about 80mph, but it was quick enough
off the line to cause grief to a lot of Chevrolets. That's where I learned
about
boring sleeves.

| One guy I knew with a
| '3A had a set of 87mm pistons and liners he'd bought at J.C. Whitney for
|$100.

I bought several when Whitney had them for $89.00. They worked well.