Re: This list

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: This list
From: alpine!tj@uunet.UU.NET (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 92 7:48:28 CST
> >I am seriously considering making this list digest only.  It is my
> >contention that doing so might cut down on a lot of the useless banter
> >that does little more than aggravate those looking for real information.
>
>       For handling the mail volume,  there are some alternatives.
> first (and best?)  have the news admin unpack the mail list into a local
> newsgroup,  like alt.sex.british-cars,  and use TRN to sort through it.
> I don't have it here,  but did at my last site.  Works great!
>
>       I have also been told that mush will handle the sortification of
> incoming mail messages.  Source should be on the way and I will let
> interested parties know how that works (unless someone's already done
> it).

If your site has the ELM mailer, you can use ELM's "filter" program to
save all the britcar messages into a separate folder, and then read
them at your leisure.  This helps keep your main mailbox from getting
overwhelmed.
T.J. Higgins    205-730-7922  |  higgins@ingr.com    (Internet)
Mapping Sciences Division     |  uunet!ingr!higgins  (uucp)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S IW17A6  Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.A.  35894-0001