MGB Electrical Problem

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Electrical Problem
From: Scott Turner <srt@sun-dimas.aero.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1993 09:52:51 -0800
I forgot to mention this in my earlier post.

In the course of diagnosing my dead/dying battery, I checked to see if
there was an electrical drain and found a 9 mA drain at the battery
with everything off.  I then tested at each fuse on the fuse box, and
the radiator fan circuit, but found no draw.

Two questions: (1) is a 9mA leak worth worrying about?  (2) What do I
do now to try to isolate the leak?  The unfused components I know
about are the starter and alternator.  I can check the leak again
after I replace the alternator, but I must admit that I'm not too
crazy about crawling around trying to find a leak in the starter.  Are
there any easy access points to try to narrow down the location of the
leak further.  (I should also mention that I pulled the stereo to
check for a leak there.  And the dashboard clock is unconnected.)

                                        -- Scott T.