Re: British Cars Digest #696 Tue Jan 12 01:15:01 MST 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #696 Tue Jan 12 01:15:01 MST 1993
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1993 09:17:46 PST
I've got a facet on the GT6. It's reliable, slightly noisy, suffers
slightly from heat-induced vapor lock on very hot days in Los Angeles
(it's mounted a little too close to the muffler). Carter makes a rotary
vane pump that seems to come highly recommended, and the Bendix "blue
top" and "silver top" pumps are the racers' standard for 25 years or so
(but it uses points).

You're welcome to listen to my facet sometime.

Dave Bean sells a version of the SU pump that runs without points, if
you're interested. Do you know how much flow/pressure you need?