Naming cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Naming cars
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 93 07:13:18 PST
Robert.Bownes asks;

-> How many SOLers have named cars?  Some of ours are named, others just
-> sort of referred to.  My fiancee's 79 Midget is lovingly called "Biscuit"
-> (guess what color the interior is), while my 68 MGB is simply known as
-> "race car".  Me mum had a Renault Dauphine name "Funky Winkerbean", and
-> my Renault R-10 is "Louis".

     >>The Bugeye is Redcar, the Riley is Mr. Riley, the
     Jeep is Satan's pickup (you'd know why if you've ever
     seen it), the Alpine was the Alto (Alpine w/Pinto
     engine), and the B & W Metropolitan, my first car (!),
     was affectionately known as the Batmobile.

          w/weekend Bugeye stories, but alas work calls-

                                   dstone@sc9.intel.com