Puzzle from Joe Lucas

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Puzzle from Joe Lucas
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 91 09:35:21 PST
Jim writes;
Here's the puzzle:  I've noticed a peculiar thing on my TR8 lately.
The left turn signal blinks almost half as slow as the right one.
In fact, sometimes it barely seems to manage to blink at all.
Any suggestions what to try or look for?  The right one seems to be fine.
Thanks.

My TR6 has a similar problem, except that the right blinks slower than
the left, and it blinks slower in warm weather than when it is cool.
Replacing the flasher had no effect.  After playing around extensively
with the tail light assembly, to make sure I didn't have a weak
ground problem, I had attributed it to the right being at the end
of the wiring loom.  Does the wiring to the tail lights come down the
right side of a TR8 or the left?  (although logically I guess maybe
that doesn't make much sense because my flasher is in the footbox.) If
you come up with a solution I'd love to hear about it.

                              greg_meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com
                              (a guy with more questions than answers)