Re: frozen speedo?

To: banta@sco.COM, sfisher@wsl.dec.com, twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: frozen speedo?
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <mit-eddie!apple.com!twakeman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 90 10:01:20 -0700
Andy sezz ...
>My Bs have never had any problem maintaining 65 on any of the uphill
>sections of 17.

MMMMMM ... I agree I can make at least 65 over #17  if traffic allows, and
frequently run in the 70+ catagory.  The problem is slow moving Sand Trucks
and cars who are afraid to pass between them and the cement lane divider
{4 lane road to thoose of you that do not know #17} So its tool along & slow
way down when encountering relavant traffic. Its accelerating when coming out
of a traffic block that leaves me at a disadvantage to the Porsche 944 & 911s,
Nisson 300ZXs, and all the other commuters who slept that last extra minute
and now need to make up time.

The MGBGT has a fairly fresh valve job & compression is OK.  I suspect that
the carb shafts leak though. I suspect I will take everyone's advice & keep
the 1-3/4 SUs in the box.  I will get around to rebuilding the SUs & seeing
what I can do about getting lots of cool fresh air to the carbs.
I have also been thinking of putting on stronger anti sway bars.
Since it is getting close to muffler time, I may also take people's advice
& go with a single Monza style muffler at the back.

Thanks for the suggestions!

TeriAnn