Re: ignition module

To: Bricklin Group <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ignition module
From: Richard Hayes <rickandsue19@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 11:34:09 -0500
John:
I sure wish I had written before I purchased the module. I remember the
salesperson was toying with the idea it was the same as the ford truck..Well I
will check the gromett tomorrow and I'll let you know how I make out I sure do
appreciate your answer live and learn I guess next time I use the group first!

thanks again
Rick Hayes
www.drive.to/ricksbrick

"John T. Blair" wrote:

> At 10:16 PM 2/2/01 -0500, Richard Hayes wrote:
>
> >I decided to change my ignition module on #782 (75) as preventative
> >maintenance. The ford people had a replacement which it was identical
> >except that the wiring harness (there are two a four wire and a three
> >wire) on the replacement had 2 wires instead of 3 as on the original.
> >The blue wire had been eliminated. The service person checked in the
> >manual and it stated that 75 and earlier had a third blue wire but it
> >was not needed on the replacement. I purchased it ($75.00 canadian) and
> >put it on my Brick, it will not start. I put the old one back on and it
> >started fine. Does anyone know what the blue wire was? Could it be a
> >ground that they eliminated and my module is not grounding through the
> >housing (my panel insides are heavily coated with paint.) Any help would
> >be appreciated as I cannot return the part.
>
> Rick,
>
>   As a matter of fact I do!!!  In fact I wrote an article for The Brickline
> about the very subject a couple if issues ago.
>
>   What color is the rubber gromett on the ign. module where the wires come
> out?  There are 3 different modules and the color determines which module
> you need.  You should have the GREEN module.  Did you get it from a Ford
> dealer or aftermarket?  If I remember correctly, the application for the
> module is NOT 75 Granada (like most things) but is 75 Ford Truck.
>
> John
>
> John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@exis.net
> Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229
>
> Editor/Publisher The Brickline
> Quarterly Magazine of Bricklin International
>
> 48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget  65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
>      75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire   71 Saab Sonett III
>
> Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
> Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

///
///