Re: ignition module

To: Richard Hayes <rickandsue19@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: ignition module
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 20:18:04 -0500
At 10:16 PM 2/2/01 -0500, Richard Hayes wrote:

>I decided to change my ignition module on #782 (75) as preventative
>maintenance. The ford people had a replacement which it was identical
>except that the wiring harness (there are two a four wire and a three
>wire) on the replacement had 2 wires instead of 3 as on the original.
>The blue wire had been eliminated. The service person checked in the
>manual and it stated that 75 and earlier had a third blue wire but it
>was not needed on the replacement. I purchased it ($75.00 canadian) and
>put it on my Brick, it will not start. I put the old one back on and it
>started fine. Does anyone know what the blue wire was? Could it be a
>ground that they eliminated and my module is not grounding through the
>housing (my panel insides are heavily coated with paint.) Any help would
>be appreciated as I cannot return the part.

Rick,

  As a matter of fact I do!!!  In fact I wrote an article for The Brickline
about the very subject a couple if issues ago.

  What color is the rubber gromett on the ign. module where the wires come
out?  There are 3 different modules and the color determines which module
you need.  You should have the GREEN module.  Did you get it from a Ford
dealer or aftermarket?  If I remember correctly, the application for the
module is NOT 75 Granada (like most things) but is 75 Ford Truck.

Editor/Publisher The Brickline
Quarterly Magazine of Bricklin International

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire   71 Saab Sonett III

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

///
///