Fw: FILTERS (AIR, OIL, GAS)

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: FILTERS (AIR, OIL, GAS)
From: "Jon Postoloff" <jmpost@sandersville.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 21:36:09 -0400
Since #1284 has spent off and on nearly 20 years in a non-operational
status, the fuel screen in the gas tank was plugged real good.  I've
had the gas tank flushed out while still mounted on the car.  However,
we were unable to get it totally clean.  The small inline gas filter
always clug up after driving a couple of miles.  As a last resort, my
father-in-law and I installed diesel filter from a VW Rabbit in the
fuel line to prevent crud from entering the carberator.  We also
installed a switch under the hood to by pass the transmission lockout.

Jon