RE: Compressed Gas for Air Doors

To: "'Jon Garruba'" <jgarru01@longisland.poly.edu>,
Subject: RE: Compressed Gas for Air Doors
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:21:50 -0500
Jon,
   My Father has this system in his 74 4spd car.
   I bought Terry Tanners pump for my car (#23) and Like it alot.  It fills the
Tanner air door system in a few minutes (3-5 or so) and will pump to well over
125 psi.
   My Father purchased a similar pump from Grainger's (I think - I will check to
make sure.)  We have mounted it but have not fully installed it because we are
having trouble with the connections on the lift cylinders.  (we bought new ones
that were 2'' in diameter (should require less pressure) and the fittings are
not the same).  This is a really minor problem but we have just not been able to
find the time to get them installed.  I can let you know how it goes once it is
installed.
   The tanks in this system appear to be a little smaller than the one Tanner
tank so I would think that this pump would be able to fill the system in under 3
minutes.  You can also have the pump run periodically when the car is running to
keep it fully charged.

                                                        Jamie