RE: On the road again....Almost

To: Barkase David <David.Barkase@CA.EYI.COM>,
Subject: RE: On the road again....Almost
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:40:24 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From:   John T. Blair [SMTP:jblair@exis.net]

At 07:21 PM 5/25/98 -0500, Barkase David wrote:
>shows. Soooo.. how do I get that ignition off...

David,

  To remove the wheel, remove the horn button.  Now you should see a
large nut that holds the steering wheel to the col.  Remove this and
use the puller to remove the hub from the col.  Now it is just look and
unhook.

Hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes....

[Phil Martin]  I'd also like to add that you want to be pretty careful
about how you push and pull on that steering shaft (runs inside the column)
- it's almost certainly designed to telescope (collapse) in a collision,
and if you pull really hard on it, or bang on it with a hammer, there's a
decent chance you'll wreck it.

I've had a couple of Dodge ones apart - it's not that bad if you follow the
manual.
--
Phil Martin                             pmartin@isgtec.com
"If we finally made our peace and went our separate ways,