On the road again....Almost

To: bricklin@autox.team.net (IPM Return requested)
Subject: On the road again....Almost
From: Barkase David <David.Barkase@CA.EYI.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 19:21:34 -0500
Fellow Brick People

        I have been a Member of the email group for some time and I
really appreciate all the info that I am getting. The site has been so
helpful also. It was stressing me that i couldn't  access it.  Keep up
the great work!!!

        Well, it's 2694 's turn to see some pavement. I have had it
sitting for a couple years now and I can finally restart what I had
started a few years ago. All in all its in pretty good shape so I
started with the typical stuff so that I could get it running. I towed
it out from storage up to a buddies place and on the weekend it began.
I went and bought Distributor, plugs, plug wires, Pcv valve, Carb
clean, Oil flush, Oil, Rad flush, Rad Fluid, WD40, Air cleaner, 660cca
Battery and a few other goodies. Spent a day doing all the prep work to
fire it up and ............................................ NOthing.
The key wouldn't turn over. It will go into the backwards position but
it won't go forward. What an end.... But I try not to be surprised by
my Brick. I need to know how to get that steering wheel off or at least
the lock part off so that I can replace or fix it. My hope is, over the
next couple years to get it running and looking well enough to go to
shows. Soooo.. how do I get that ignition off...

Regards,
David Barkase
Vancouver British Columbia
Canada