Does 74 out perform 75?

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Does 74 out perform 75?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 13:00:24 PST
I'm sure that this must be debated all the time, but since the published
horsepower figures are wide apart, is the actual performance the same?
Is a 74 4 speed a more desirable model than a 75 auto?  I ask only
because I am a recent purchaser of a 75 and I have a chance to get a 74
4 speed fairly reasonably.  So any other information on the differences
in the models (years) is appreciated.  Or, better still, is there any
writing or Brickline article comparing the two years.