Street Mod - Rules regarding wings and hoods.

To: "Ba-Autox (E-mail)" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Street Mod - Rules regarding wings and hoods.
From: "Mark Smith" <msmith@tilia.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:49:19 -0700
With the rules for Street Mod (and SM2) being rather open - I thought that I'd
post this question up here just incase anyone can clarify this - before I go
away and spend my money :)

Wings:

18.1.G The firewall, roof, doors, rear quarter panels, floor pan, trunk lid (if
any) or rear hatch (if any) must remain stock. Holes may be drilled to allow
attachment of body kits, etc. This specifically allows replacement hoods,
fenders, wings, front & rear fascias, side skirts, and fender flares as per
Section 14  Body panels may be attached with removable (e.g., Dzus) fasteners.
18.1.J Wings may only be attached to the rear deck/hatch area and may not
extend more than six inches beyond the widest part of the bodywork on either
side.

As Section 14 (Street Prepared) does not allow aftermarket wings does these
mean than in SM aftermarket wings are also not allowed  - or does 18.1.J
"trump" this to allow wings? Can a competitor run any wing configuration as
long as it meets the "not more than six inches beyond the bodywork" rule?

Hood: As Section 14.2 does not permit complete replacement hoods (as of 9/2002)
Would I be right in saying that this is also the case in SM.
I'd normally would have sent this off to Howard Duncan - but I hear he's a
little swamped these days.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Mark.