Re: Cheap Gas?

To: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Cheap Gas?
From: Geoff Mohler <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:54:39 -0700 (PDT)
Its all from the same refinery, with the only possible difference being
detergent/addative packages added in.

And yes, mostly its prestige pricing..although some addative packages on
certain types of cars will run oddly.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, James Creasy wrote:

> we saw the same tanker truck stop at our local cheap station, $1.91 for 92
> octane, and then stop at a brand name gas station, $2.15 for 92 octane.  i
> wanted to ask the guy if he was putting the same gas into each station, but
> didnt get the chance.
>
> high gas prices in the bay area are reportedly due to the dearth of
> independent stations.
>
> part of what you get when you pay more for, say, chevron, are those
> propoganda "people do" ads on TV. :P
>
> are we the willing victims of "prestige pricing" for gasoline?
>
> cheers,
>
> -james creasy
> OSP #74, EFI V8's drink anything
>
> Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner!

---
Geoff Mohler <gemohler@speedtoys.com>
California, USA
http://www.speedtoys.com/~gemohler/LagunaSeca/mrs-photo.jpg