RE: Auto Auctions

To: <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Auto Auctions
From: "Cox, Bradley J" <Bradley.Cox@integris-health.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:11:15 -0600
>>What do we put away in the garage today to turn the big money on the block
at the Barrett-Jackson auction in twenty years (2025)?<<

My 5th gen Civic hatch with a JDM Type R swap. :P

IMO there's a "hole" for most of us regarding the cars we'd like to have.  It
went from about 78' - 89ish.  When vettes made barely 200 hp.  When Fairmonts,
Citations, and K-cars ruled the road.  Of course I've always had a thing for
Plymouth Acclaims... In fact, as a true "child of the 80's" (HS from 84-87) I
think the only thing that really sucked then were the cars.  Heck, I even
thought Footloose was cool. ;-)

I've heard we're in a new "golden age" of automobiles, and I'm inclined to
believe it.

I'd guess well tuned 5G-6G Civic's, Integra Type R's (definitely), S2k's, Evo's
and WRX's.  Those are the "boy racer" cars of today, just like the muscle cars
were 35 years ago.  So I guess they'll be bringing big bucks around 2040
maybe...

-brad
(wishing the weather was nice)
protection
under state and federal law. This information is intended to be for the use of
the
individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited
and may be punishable by law. If you have received this electronic transmission
in
error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail (reply).