Re: [evolution-disc.] Lightweight seats

To: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Lightweight seats
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:18:29 -0500
At 09:50 AM 1/30/2005 -0800, Charlie Davis wrote:

>I'm looking at lightweight seats for my STS car.  What
>do seats like Momo and Sparco one piece buckets weigh.
>  It's gotta be (relatively)comfortable for the
>street...  I drove around in the Firebird in a Corbeau
>one piece for a while and found it comfortable, but
>can't imagine a Kirkey would work...

I seem to remember that you have to run a seat that is 15 lbs. minimum
without the bracket.  I think you'll find an aluminum seat could be
underweight for you needs.  Most seats you'll find that are thought of as
"race buckets" run around the 15-20 pound range, depending on size.

I carry Corbeau, Sparco and Cobra seats.  The Forza II (2" wider than a
Forza which is 16 pounds) I've been using is about 18 pounds.  The Sparco
Evo2 we have in Mike M3 (also 2" wider than an Evo, but a touch narrower
than my Forza II) is about 16.5 pounds or so.  Also, you might note that
Corbeau has a new fiberglass bucket seat like a Sparco called the
FX1.  It's a little heavier than a Sparco @ 20 pounds, but also about half
the price too.

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts