Re: RD Racing Cross Bar fo sale for 1990-1996 Corvette

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: RD Racing Cross Bar fo sale for 1990-1996 Corvette
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DDR TMR <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:15:06 -0600
Mark Sirota wrote:

> --On Friday, June 27, 2003 10:28 AM -0600 Scott Troyer - TestEng DDR TMR
> <stroyer@micron.com> wrote:
> > It was determined to be legal last year if used with the harness.
>
> Determined by whom?  I don't remember a protest, appeal, or request for
> clarification to the SEB.

Thats because there wasn't one.  There was a lot of discussion about the
use of these bars last year on both the forums and team.net.  Letters were
written to Howard and he said the use of these bars were legal as per
stated in the stock rules.  Now this was for the general use of this type
of harness bar.  Is there something about this particular harness bar which
would make it illegal in comparison to others?  Last year it was a non
issue at Nationals.  Almost every AS car had some sort of Harness bar
or rollbar setup and even though they were all equiped with harness,
the only one that was worn was by Mike Bullis.  Maybe this year it
will be different.  I don't have my rulebook here at work so I can't look
up what it is that Josh doesn't like.

This really isn't my issue anymore anyway.  My current car doesn't have
any type of harness or harness bar.  It looks like the old car is officially
retired from active competition.