Re: STS Rules Question

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>,
Subject: Re: STS Rules Question
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:55:30 -0600
> Can you see where I'm going with this?  "Sure, I replaced my converter with
> a 'high performance' (making the little quotation marks in the air with my
> fingers) Brand Y catalytic converter, Mister Protest Filing Man.  Now you
> just have to prove that my part is illegal."
>

> Thoughts?  Besides that I simply love to stir the pot with this kind of
> stuff.

One flaw, if I have this correct.  It is not Mr Protest Filing Man's
resposibility to prove the part is illegal, but rather the Mr Help I'm Being
Protested Man's job to prove it's lagality.

Upshot?  If you are going to relace a part, do the research yourself and
slap the Mr Protest Filing Man with the documentation.  (Of course, having
properly done your research, the Cat in question will not be high
performance, but an OEM equivalent....right?)

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI