Boxster in A Stock history lesson?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Boxster in A Stock history lesson?
From: "Stephen Hui" <shui68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:11:43 -0800
A question for those who have been doing this for longer than I have -- why
did no one field a stock class Boxster at the national level until 2000?
With the base Boxster being one of the cars to have in the current B Stock,
and the Boxster S purportedly being a class killer in A Stock, it seems
awfully strange to me that no one ran them when they first came out.  I
can't find the results for the 1997 Nationals, but it seems that not a
single person ran a stock Boxster at the 1998 or 1999 Nats.

Anyone have any insight into why this was the case?

Thanks,
Steve