Re: Aftermarket sunroof - C&C?

To: "Alan Dahl" <alandahl@mac.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket sunroof - C&C?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 23:48:39 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Dahl" <alandahl@mac.com>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 10:43 PM
Subject: Aftermarket sunroof - C&C?

> A local racer asked me this and I didn't know what to say: Is an
> aftermarket sunroof considered C&C? I would hope so, I'd hate to tell
> the guy he has to run Mod just because he has a sunroof, but a strict
> reading of the rules would indicate that it's not legal (if it doesn't
> say you can, you can't). OTOH a sunroof certainly can't help
> performance since it would weaken the body structure somewhat which
> should more than offset any potential weight reductions.

I'd say if the sunroof is not stock, it needs to be run with the panel
(whether glass or metal) in place.  I'd expect there would be no weight
reduction in this case.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com