RE: Boxster in A Stock history lesson?

To: "'Stephen Hui'" <shui68@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Boxster in A Stock history lesson?
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:09:10 -0600
A question for those who have been doing this for longer than I have --
why
did no one field a stock class Boxster at the national level until 2000?

With the base Boxster being one of the cars to have in the current B
Stock,
and the Boxster S purportedly being a class killer in A Stock, it seems
awfully strange to me that no one ran them when they first came out.  I
can't find the results for the 1997 Nationals, but it seems that not a
single person ran a stock Boxster at the 1998 or 1999 Nats.

Many boxster owners view their car as an extention of their... Which
precludes them from AutoX.

Certainly there are some that are fast and will kick my ass, but if you
want to buy a Porsche and can spend $50k there are more practical
(winable) candidates in the Porsche world.

#72 FP Porsche 911